Sun-dried Tomato Bread
Recipe by Jackie Cameron
Red is the colour of love so sundried tomato bread is a must. Topped with lots of Maldon salt and rosemary it can be a meal in itself. Serve out of the oven with lashings of homemade butter.
Makes : 2 Small Loaves
500gr Cake Flour
4ml fine Salt
4ml White Sugar
20gr Fresh Yeast
160ml Warm Water
60ml Olive Oil
90ml Tomato Paste
125ml (85gr) Sun - Dried Tomatoes, soaked in boiling water, then chopped
1 whole Eggs, lightly whisked
2 sprigs Rosemary
5ml aldon Salt
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together
2) Combine fresh yeast and warm water, stirring till yeast is dissolved, add to dry ingredients
3) Add the remaining ingredients, forming a dough
4) Cover the bread dough with cling wrap within the bowl and set aside, till the dough has doubled in size
5) Divide the dough in 2, make two loaves, place on an oven tray that’s been spray and cooked and floured
6) Score the top of the breads with a knife or blade, egg wash, then sprinkle with rosemary and Maldon salt
7) Bake in pre-heated oven at 180ºC for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.