Recipe by Jackie Cameron
A muesli chew accompanies the banana smoothie on Hartford’s breakfast menu. The rich buttery flavours with the rolled oats, mixed fruit and nuts makes this my favourite treat. Irresistible!
Yields : about 40
2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 cup chopped mixed Fruit
1 cup chopped Nuts selection
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
2 cups of White Sugar
1 cup of Rolled Oats
250g melted Salted Butter
1 t Vanilla Essence
2 Eggs whole
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together
2) Mix the butter, vanilla and eggs together
3) Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and incorporate
4) Push this mixture into a tin, 25x35cm, with a width of 1cm and bake at 180 ̊C for 30 minutes
5) Remove from the oven, cool slightly and cut into desired pieces
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.