Mini Sausage Rolls
Recipe by Jackie Cameron
Mini Sausage Rolls are appropriate for most occasions. The crispy outer crust of puff pastry filled with a freshly chopped garlic, oregano and juicy sausage mixture is a tantalising savoury option.
Yields : 24 small portions
1x 400g Puff Pastry
1 packet (450-500g) Pork Sausage
3 cloves Garlic
1 sprig fresh Rosemary
Salt and Pepper
1 whole Egg
1) Spray n cook a tray and set aside
2) Squeeze the sausage filling out of the pork skins. Add crushed garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
3) Unroll the puff pastry and divide the mixture and pastry into three quantities
4) Place the first amount of sausage mixture down the width of the pastry. Brush both sides of this sausage mixture with water. Roll the pastry over the sausage mixture and secure by pinching the puff pastry. Do a few fork marks along the top of the sausage roll. Glaze with the whisked egg and portion into eight pieces. Continue with the other three amounts
5) Place onto the tray and bake at 200ºC until cooked
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.