Recipe by Jackie Cameron
I'd like to share a few of the recipes on the Hartford House Christmas tasting menu - a sneak preview of the 12 or so courses, you may say.
Dessert, which is still many days of preparation away but it will include toasted marshmallows, chocolate fondants (oozing decadent Belgium chocolate) and lots of fresh summer fruits and berries.
Yields : 30 – at 65g so conical Dario mould size
500g salted Butter
500g Good Quality Chocolate
215g Cake Flour
215g White Sugar
11 Whole Eggs
6 Egg Yolks
Cocoa Powder for dusting
1) Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler
2) Sift the flour and sugar together
3) Whisk all the eggs together just to combine over whisking will create problems
4) Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture to the egg amount- slowly. Whisking all the time
5) Fold the flour and sugar into the chocolate butter
6) Pour mixture into well-greased and cocoa lined moulds, we place 65g of mixture within every conical Dario mould
7) Bake on service between 150˚C-165˚C for 7-9 minutes or until the outside rim is cooked and the centre is almost puffing up a little
8) Allow resting in the mould for a minute or so and then loosen with a palate knife or knife the outside of the fondant. Turn over onto a plate and serve
For a smaller amount
Yields : 5, 4 with one extra just in case
90g salted Butter
90g Good Quality Chocolate
39g Cake Flour
39g White Sugar
2 Whole Eggs
1 Egg Yolks at about 20 g in size
-follow method above
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.