Calamari And Quinoa Salad
Recipe by Jackie Cameron
Yields : 4
- 380gr Calamari Steaks
- 8 small (300gr) Kiwi Fruit, skin removed and blended
- 260ml Flour
- 5ml Salt
- 2,5ml Black Pepper
- 50gr Butter
- 30ml Sunflower Oil
- Place the calamari in the kiwi puree, for 30 minutes (nothing more, as this will cause the fish to disintegrate completely. Wash the puree off and cut the calamari into thick strips.
- Dust the calamari strips in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan, add the butter and oil.
- Fry the calamari strips in batches, getting them crisp and golden brown.
- 250ml Quinoa (said "Qin-wah" the nutrient composition is excellent in comparison to other grains - with essential amino acids and good quality calcium, phosphorous and iron.)
- 500ml Water
- ½ (50gr) Yellow Pepper, finely chopped
- 8 (100gr) Cherry Tomatoes, cut in ¼
- 50gr Flaked Almonds, roasted
- 35gr Raisins
- 70gr Cucumbers, cit in ¼ slices
- 200gr Broccoli, blanched
- 3gr Garlic, grated
- 40ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Rinse the Quinoa well.
- Place the Quinoa and water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- When boiling reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15minutes or until tender.
- Let slightly cool down, before mixing with the yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, almonds, raisins, cucumber and broccoli.
- In a separate bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice and oil together, pour this over the salad and mix well.
On Serving :
- Serve the hot freshly seared calamari with the Quinoa salad
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.